Thursday , April 18 2024
Breaking News

What are some great reads?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Denise Collins
    Participant

Hello out there! I’ve been a book lover since elementary. Of course, as we get older the amount of time we have to read drops significantly. However, I’ve just been craving a really good book, but I don’t know what to read! So, I was hoping someone here could help me with that. I love a good romance novel of course, but mystery and thriller would be great. I really want something that makes me have to piece something together like a puzzle. Please help! Thank you.

Audrey Andrews
    Participant

You should read ‘Gone Girl’. Recently, a movie by the same name has been released, and it has been critically acclaimed. It is a psychological thriller, and you can be certain to be glued to the book till the very last page.

Denise Collins
    Participant

This is the second time now someone has suggested this book. I guess I’ll take the hints and read it lol. Thank you, I can’t wait to read it and tell you what I thought. God bless!

Kate Horvath
    Participant

I just had seen Gone Girl the other day and I can only recommend it, the film is really good and also the book is really enjoyable with much more details in it.

Also, the Martian, the other book I found through movies. It is a really funny one and the calendar style is also fun to read.

Divine Maredi
    Participant

Honestly, it’s really the first time I hear of this book, I reckon I should start with the novel first before watching the film.

Gone Girl…Here I come!

Rachelle Desjardins
    Participant

Ok, I’ve recently finally watched Wild and really liked it. I knew it was based on a true story so I bought the book and am currently reading it. I’m not really sure what your tastes in books are but that’s my suggestion. If you’re like me and get questionable ideas after watching these types of movies or reading these types of books then I would say don’t. I’m about ready to cash out my life savings so I can start hiking, to which I am in no shape to do.

Karia Davis
    Participant

I love the idea of having a book that can relate to teens. There are so many teens going through so many different issues. No one has really took the time to shed light on a lot of things that they are afraid to ask. I would love to see a book on all topics. Teens are our future leaders. I believe getting to them will help out so many young teens and homes.

Daniela James
    Participant

I don’t know how you feel about paranormal, but I definitely recommend the Psy/Changeling series by Nalini Singh. She does phenomenal world building with fascinating characters and political intrigue. Her latest novel is an ensemble piece meant to advance the entire universe and revisit former plotlines and update the readers.

If you’re not really feeling the romance kick, I also recommend Robert Ludlum’s The Sigma Protocol. I don’t typically read male written stuff but that book was thriller personified. It was high paced, complex and exciting–really wonderful writing. Its a bit lengthy but I got through it really quickly because it was so compelling. I definitely recommend it.

Lisa Davis
    Participant

I would highly recommend “The Bayou Trilogy” by Daniel Woodrell. It is in the detective/mystery genre. It is really three related stories in one book. Daniel Woodrell is an author normally known for how well he writes the Missouri Ozarks, but he writes Louisiana just as well in “The Bayou Trilogy”. He has such a good voice, I would recommend more than just this book! “Tomato Red” is another good title by him, but this one has been by far my favorite thus far.

arunava basu
    Participant

I have recently read ‘A Very Long Engagement’ and was enthralled by the pace and the way the author, ASebastian Japrisot, weaves the plot. I will not tell the story line for the sake of those who are yet to get a hand on it. But it is a post World war I story of a girl setting out in search of her Love in her wheelchair. just read it please and you are going to thank me.

arunava basu
    Participant

I have recently read ‘A Very Long Engagement’ and was enthralled by the pace and the way the author, Sebastian Japrisot, weaves the plot. I will not tell the story line for the sake of those who are yet to get a hand on it. But it is a post World war I story of a girl setting out in search of her Love in her wheelchair. just read it please and you are going to thank me.

Amelia Onnen
    Participant

I just finished Margot, it was about how Anne Frank’s sister life would of been if she survived the holocaust and came to live in america. It was a page turner, being a work of fiction I found it sad because it really made you think about how many peoples dreams and lives where lost because of the holocaust.

ASHLEY HERRINGTON
    Participant

If you haven’t already read “A Child Called It”, I would suggest it. It is probably one of my favorites of all time. As sad as the story was, the author did an amazing job catching the readers eye, and wanting to know more, to continue reading. After reading that story I felt horrified, yet relieved (at the end), and it made me cherish the family I have now.

ASHLEY HERRINGTON
    Participant

After commenting earlier, I am now on the search for a really good book to read next. Anyone have any suggestions?? I am looking for a non fictional, sappy book. I figured this would be the place to ask! 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[adguru zoneid="4"]
Skip to toolbar
Verified by ExactMetrics